• He / she is responsible for performing clerical, nursing and reception aspects of Blood Bank unit of the Laboratory.
• The coordinator does all correspondence work assisting the laboratory manager and other staff.
• Scheduling of appointments for all blood donors donating specific components and coordinating donation for Cardiac surgeries, Bone Marrow transplants and Liver transplants.
• Handling of all Blood inventories necessary for the smooth operations of the Blood Bank.
• Screening for donor eligibility.
• He / She is responsible for monitoring statistics for blood donors and component collections.
1. Handling of all blood donations for volunteers, directed, autologous and replacements in the unit.
2. Interviewing and assessing donor eligibility to donate blood.
3. Providing phlebotomy service for all donations.
4. Ensuring safety of all blood donors during and after donation session.
5. Maintaining cleanliness of the bleeding room and ensuring proper aseptic conditions for the area and equipments used.
6. Performing data entry for the registration of blood donors in BDS.
7. Monitoring status of donors for donation and preparing and issuing reminder letters for repeat donations.
8. Updating donors on test results and arrange date / time for donation.
9. Performing phlebotomy and arranging time-off letters to donors on request.
10. Arranging appointments of donors who need counseling by doctors.
11. Keep all records updated.
12. Tracking results for all donations and activate thank you letters and / or notification of positive results of infectious diseases.
13. Preparing of items necessary for mobile sessions.
14. Counseling cardiac surgery patient for blood requirements and donation arrangements.
15. Monitoring and liaising with the cardiac surgeon for follow-ups on readiness of donors.
16. Briefing Liver transplant patient / relatives on the arrangements and needs of blood and blood components for the transplant.
17. Tracking and sending out letters for all donors eligible to the free GSP screen. Dispatching of results to donors.
18. Performing phlebotomy and collect samples.
19. Carrying of infection control measures to ensure cleanliness of the unit. Maintain sterility of all instruments and equipments for blood donation.
20. Preparing the following equipments for collection:-
• Collection of platelets
• Plasma exchange
• WBC collection
21. Take responsibilities for designated activities. Work independently during and after working office.
22. Portray a positive image and act positively to achieving organizational goals and objectives.
23. Answers any questions asked by the patient or where appropriate refers to other healthcare professional for advice.
Education / Professional Qualification
• The Job
• Possess at least SRN qualification.
• The Job
• Have working experience for donor counseling.
• Have working experience in a Blood Bank environment.
• Possess training in phlebotomy.
• Prefer previous experience in a Blood Bank unit.