Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop policies and procedures for the nursing staff and participates in the implementation of these policies.
• To recruit and maintain a quality nursing staff to meet the level of acuity of the hospital census.
• To determine duties assigned to all nursing personnel are consistent with their education, experience, licensure and/or certification.
• To ensure all nursing personnel are supervised and evaluated on their performance at appropriate intervals.
• To prepare and oversee budgeting for the nursing division. Monitor financial information provided by the Financial Controller to identify trends and take remedial or preventive action as and when necessary.
• To support and participate in the marketing and public relations programmes of the hospital as and when required.
• To maintain and uphold the discipline of the nursing team.
• To support the Hospital Administration in the preparation, documentation and implementation of any program towards the accreditation of MSQH, JCI and any other quality accreditation(s).
• To maintain a harmonious and good working relationship with clinical and non-clinical staff.
MOH, Nursing Board and Local Authorities’ guidelines
• To ensure nursing board and MOH guidelines are adhered to.
• To provide clinical inputs on clinical areas in compliance with MOH guidelines.
Clinical Duties and responsibilities
• To ensure the daily nursing activities within the hospital are running smoothly and nursing issues are resolved as soon as possible.
• To report any significant, safety issues related to patient care to Medical Director/ PIC/CEO/COO where applicable.
• To monitor the effectiveness of infection control within nursing.
Nursing Risks Management and Quality Improvement
• To ensure clinical compliances are met.
• To ensure Quality Improvement initiatives are met throughout the nursing units.
• To ensure the clinical incidences are reported and appropriate actions are taken.
Nursing Staff Development
• To ensure the staff development programs meet the required standards.
• To promote optimal learning environment for all nurses.
• To support all nursing staff orientation, on-job training and competency skill development programs.
• To participate in teaching and learning to enhance the concepts of leadership among the nursing teams.