Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
• To develop policies and procedures for the nursing staff and participates in the implementation of these policies.
• To recruit and maintain a quality nursing staff to meet the level of acuity of the hospital census.
• To determine duties assigned to all nursing personnel are consistent with their education, experience, licensure and/or certification.
• To ensure all nursing personnel are supervised and evaluated on their performance at appropriate intervals.
• To prepare and oversee budgeting for the nursing division. Monitor financial information provided by the Financial Controller to identify trends and take remedial or preventive action as and when necessary.
• To support and participate in the marketing and public relations programmes of the hospital as and when required.
• To maintain and uphold the discipline of the nursing team.
• To support the Hospital Administration in the preparation, documentation and implementation of any program towards the accreditation of MSQH, JCI and any other quality accreditation(s).
• To maintain a harmonious and good working relationship with clinical and non-clinical staff.
MOH, Nursing Board and Local Authorities’ guidelines
• To ensure nursing board and MOH guidelines are adhered to.
• To provide clinical inputs on clinical areas in compliance with MOH guidelines.
Clinical Duties and responsibilities
• To ensure the daily nursing activities within the hospital are running smoothly and nursing issues are resolved as soon as possible.
• To report any significant, safety issues related to patient care to Medical Director/ PIC/CEO/COO where applicable.
• To monitor the effectiveness of infection control within nursing.
Nursing Risks Management and Quality Improvement
• To ensure clinical compliances are met.
• To ensure Quality Improvement initiatives are met throughout the nursing units.
• To ensure the clinical incidences are reported and appropriate actions are taken.
Nursing Staff Development
• To ensure the staff development programs meet the required standards.
• To promote optimal learning environment for all nurses.
• To support all nursing staff orientation, on-job training and competency skill development programs.
• To participate in teaching and learning to enhance the concepts of leadership among the nursing teams.
18-31, 18th Floor Aveue Crest, Jalan Jubli Perak, Seksyen 22, Batu 3 40150 Shah Alam Selangor, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd (1199876-U)
MIMS Career Sdn Bhd is a healthcare tailored recruitment company. (License no: 2998)
We help healthcare institution to find and hire the best qualified candidates.
We assist healthcare professionals to find the right position suitable for their requirements and skills.
MIMS Group established in 1963, is a leading healthcare media company providing tailored solutions to healthcare professionals and institutions.
It has presence in 13 countries and regions (Singapore, Malaysia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Australia, New Zealand)
MIMS Group provides drug reference, medical events, disease treatment guidelines, medical newspaper, CME events, e-learning, online healthcare professionals community discussion forum and career portal.
Check our website for more information